Check the “How To” Guides for Presenters! (preparing for sessions) http://asiatefl2020.org/wp/?page_id=498
How to Register (presenters) http://asiatefl2020.org/wp/?page_id=512
Fee Waiver (grants) Apply before October 10th. http://asiatefl2020.org/wp/?page_id=485
Proposal submission: November 20, 2019 – January 31, 2020(Closed) Notification of acceptance: April 2, 2020
- Early bird/Presenter Registration: Sept. 15 – Oct. 25
- Presentation file and PPT file submission deadline: Oct 25
- Conference dates: November 27-29, 2020 (Friday-Sunday)
Proposals on the following topics are welcome:
- Language planning and language policy
- Methodologies and teaching approaches
- Curriculum, syllabus design and materials design
- Assessment and evaluation
- Second language acquisition and literacy development
- English for academic/specific purposes
- Teacher education and professional development
- Program management and leadership development
- Digital literacies/language learning and technology
- Intercultural communication and global competencies
- Pluralingualism, translanguaging and multilingual education
- World Englishes/English as a lingua franca
- Identity and learner autonomy
- Discourse/genre analysis
- Creativity and critical literacies
- Teaching younger learners
- Other ELT related topics
- Paper (oral) presentation (20 minutes): An oral report of recent research, issues, or practices. A Q&A section for each presentation will be made available throughout the conference through a chatting or bulletin board function.
- Poster presentation in-person (60 minutes): Poster must be presented on an A0-sized poster (approximately 841 x 1189 mm or 33.1 x 66.8 in) to be displayed in a provided area. Presenters must be present at a designated time and discuss their work with conference participants.
- (e)Poster presentation is made available throughout the conference (all 3 days; no designated time slot) as an e-poster. A Q&A section will be made available for each poster through a chatting or bulletin board function.
- Workshop (40 minutes): Hands-on session for professional development focusing on a specific teaching or research technique. A Q&A section for each presentation will be made available throughout the conference through a chatting or bulletin board function.
- Symposium (60 minutes): Session with a clear theme and multiple, short presentations on issues, practice or research. Presenters should be recruited prior to proposal submission. A Q&A section for each presentation will be made available throughout the conference through a chatting or bulletin board function.
- ReN symposium (60 minutes): Session for an Asia TEFL Research Network (ReN) to discuss a topic of interest. There can be as many as 3 speakers in each symposium. A Q&A section for each presentation will be made available throughout the conference through a chatting or bulletin board function.
Please note that the language of presentations is English.
Information for KOTESOL Members
Please refer to the KOTESOL webpage for relevant conference information.
FAQs: Proposal Submission
- Can I submit a proposal using my AsiaTEFL membership ID and PW?
Answer: No, you must create a new profile to submit. To submit your proposal, you first need to create your profile and to register the conference later on. To do this, please click “New User? Click Here” link located under the email field: https://au.eventscloud.com/eSites/asiatefl2020/Login. Then it will lead you to a profile creation page followed by the submission page.
- Do I have to be a member of AsiaTEFL to submit a proposal?
Answer: No, you do not have to be a member to submit and present at the conference. You also do not have to be a member to attend the conference without presenting. However, there is a difference in conference registration fees depending on whether you are a member or not.
- Can I submit my proposal through email?
Answer: No, you cannot. We are not accepting submissions through email.
- Is there a format or template for the abstract?
Answer: No, there is not a format or template. We recommend that you follow conventional guidelines for conference abstracts. There is a word limit of 250 words.
- Do I need to submit a full paper?
Answer: No, only an abstract is necessary to be considered for presentation. We are not requiring full papers at all.
- Can I submit more than one proposal?
Answer: Yes, however, if your first proposal is single-authored, the second one cannot be and has to be co-authored.
- Is there going to be a conference proceedings?
Answer: No, there will be no published conference proceedings. If your proposal is accepted, it will be printed in the Conference Program Book. Full papers should be submitted to the Journal of AsiaTEFL (http://journal.asiatefl.org/).
- What is the exact deadline for submission?
Answer: The deadline has been extended to January 31st. In order to accommodate time zone differences, please send in your abstract by Feburary 1st, 11:59pm Korea time.
- Scheduling of presentations
Answer: We will not be able to accommodate personal requests or changes regarding the scheduling of your presentation.